Grade 5 Theory Course
The highly successful Zero to Grade 5 Hero course gets you to Grade 5 theory in a week! This intensive but fun course runs each morning for a week in the summer holidays, taking students to a successful ABRSM Grade 5 theory pass. Once you have finished the course, I don’t leave you high and dry like others do – I will mark all your practice papers too.
Grade 5 Theory - Why It Is Important
Details for 2022
This year the course will take place online, using Zoom, on the following dates:
Monday 8th – Thursday 11th August 2022
Monday 22th – Thursday 25th August 2022
Followed by free marking service throughout the following term up to Grade 5 exam date
Sessions will run on consecutive weekdays at 1000-1100 and 1110-1200, with a 10-minute break in between for snacks and questions.
The cost of the Music Theory Course is £160.00, and includes all of the following teaching books and materials, which will be mailed to you before the course begins:
- Matt Smith – Grade 5 Theory Workbook
- Matt Smith – Set of 10 Sample Grade 5 Papers
- Spiral-bound Pad of Manuscript Paper
- ABRSM theory collection
Subjects to be covered
- Day 1 – Italian words; technical names of notes; Treble, bass, alto and tenor clefs; Chord descriptions and inversions (e.g. Va)
- Day 2 – Compound time signatures; Intervals; breves; Instruments of the orchestra; voice parts; French words
- Day 3 – Major scales; chromatic scales; grouping notes; transposition; German words
- Day 4 – Cadences; harmonic and melodic minor scales; word revision
Marking support after the course
You won’t be left high and dry after the course! Marking support up to the date of the exam is included.
The course is tutored by SIMON JORDAN, BBC Radio 3 Producer, award-winning performer and piano and violin tutor. For more information please contact Simon on 07403 232517.
Enquire for more information
Music Theory Course - Zero to Grade 5 Hero
An intensive online course running for a week in the summer holidays taking students to a successful ABRSM Grade 5 theory pass. (Exams can now be taken at any time). Free practice papers and marking are included after the course has finished. This year the course will take place online, using Zoom, on the following dates: Monday 8th – Thursday 11th August 2022 Monday 22th – Thursday 25th August 2022
Course Provider: Person
Course Provider Name: Simon Jordan
Course Provider URL: https://www.celebratewithmusic.co.uk/music-theory-course/